GovHack Wellington is all about bringing together coders, artists, storytellers, observers, communicators and more, from the private, public, NGO and academic sectors.
GovHack is running in both Australia and New Zealand this year, in:
- 14 locations in Australia.
Use government data in new and interesting ways to tackle existing problems.
The event requires small teams of competitors to produce any kind of “hack” using government data in about 46 hours - from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon.
The end result of these hacks can be whatever the teams want; the most common are web and mobile apps, and visualisations, but teams can make anything.
You're going to need to produce a 3 minute video if you want to submit your project to the awards :)
While the event is very relaxed, it's also a competition. Your video will be used by judges to decide on the winners of the event, who will get PRIZES.
We're not sure what yet, but they'll be amazing!
The event's details
- Dates and times: 5:30pm 3 July - 5:30pm 5 July (subject to slight change)
- Venue: Ground floor, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, 15 Stout Street, Wellington
- Cost: Free
There will also be a showcase and awards goodness in late July/early August. Stay tuned for details!
Please note: your ticket is not transferrable, but you can update the details.
What to bring
- Bring your own computer, charger and extension cables - we'll provide plugpoints and WiFi
- We'll be providing food and drink. However, if you have special dietary needs, you can bring your own food.